Friday 29 April 2011

This is my story

Recalling those days in primary school, I wasn't even aware about what studying is. My UPSR results suck. I couldn't get into a good class.
Though they said they did not assign any class as a 'bad' class, me and my fellow same-fate friends felt that we were seriously discriminated. 1P12-1P8 is first band class, others (1P7-1P1) are at the same rank. The whole system goes like this. The larger the number the better. Me and my same-fate friends were placed at 1P1. wth we had 4As for UPSR why the heck do you have to put us there???

The best part is, 1P1 is all like the belakang class, only 20+ people if not mistaken. There are quite a number of students from peralihan last year. Yeah the bad bad students.
I sat with my same-fate friend. We were like so wana get out of here. We want to end this. And I am the only prefect of the class there were times that I did not know what to do when my classmates break the rules in front of me. Forgodsakes I close one eye all the time. If not I guess they will beat me up. I was class monitor even before I became a prefect. I ditched being class monitor to be prefect.

Well the system in AMC is different than in other schools I guess. You're ranked with the number of As in your subjects, then CGPA, not purata. Damn we worked darn hard. The next year me and my friend were placed in 2P11. Thats the first year in my life that I have been in a first band class. That is when my life really started. Seriously.
I still managed to be in first band class. The next year I had to transfer to Penang. I wanted to go to PCGHS but because they refer to my UPSR result and not my form2 result, they rejected me. I went to the principal of SMJK Heng Ee. He saw the name of my ex-school, he immediately took me in without even looking at my result slip. Frankly, I didn't really like the school at first. The first week was awful. I had no koku to look forward to. And I still have my determination with me, the one I picked up when I was in form1. I continued to score in PMR and SPM. Well, for me, I guess I was lucky. But they keep telling me that its not about the luck. I know I am not that brilliant actually, I know there is one day that I will meet my limit.

I ditched studying college 2 weeks after enrollment and went to do STPM. That's tough for me, and everyone too. Maybe that is where I met my limits. It is still, now. I will just have to keep coping with it, whether I like it or not. Its still a part of growing up you see. I will just take it as it is. I have faith there's still a bright future for me out there, if it is really fated that way, I will just take it. Its not within my will either.
I guess its the beginning of the cycle. Be put down. Then grow to be stronger. Like in UPSR.


I had a dream come true once. I believe dreams will come true. Though not this time, some time in the future, I will rise to be somebody.

1 comment:

  1. your same-fate friend read this! :)
    Really proud of you for your academic achievements! hehe

    ReplyDelete